Network usage terms and policy legal form?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19858
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19858

I want to start having employees sign a form so that if ever something illegal is stored on our network they can be terminated and we will not be held responsible. Does anyone know where I can download something like this that will cover FTP, Email, content, etc?

"We the undersigned agree that if we do anything the netadmin deems bad, we will leave. There will be no arbitration or litigation. Sign here:"

Hehehee....

I googled that I think I found one on zdnet its an excel spreadsheet you can customize it as well.

Check with your company lawyers, they will most likely have a canned AUP that you can use. It also makes sense to ensure that it is legally enforceable. This is the sort of thing your company pays them for.

callahan said:
Check with your company lawyers, they will most likely have a canned AUP that you can use. It also makes sense to ensure that it is legally enforceable. This is the sort of thing your company pays them for.
I agree 100%. Without consulting a lawyer on something this important, you are setting yourself up to be dragged into court and costing the company lots of money.
You wouldn't want a lawyer setting up VLANs or ACLs on a router. So why the hell should a network administrator develop a legal document that would be used to protect the company from lawsuits?

Back