Network tools - where to buy?

WoodiE

Limp Gawd
I'm looking a few good places to purchase network tools such as crimpers, wire stripers, cables, so on and so on. Any suggestions?

-Michael

Often you local Computer Store will have them instock or else they can order them in for you

Milestek.com is a good online retailer, otherwise find a local distributor for Greenlee or Hubbell. Quality ++

Home depot is where i got my cable, crimpers, strippers and even rj45 plugs.

Phaedrus said:
Home depot is where i got my cable, crimpers, strippers and even rj45 plugs.

Ditto. Home Depot sells the Ideal brand crimpers, which are excellent. Just make sure you get a ratcheting pair (cannot be released until a full crimp has been made, no half assing it).

You could probably get some of the things cheaper online, but a lot of places require you purchase in bulk. Home Depot is great if you only need a few things right now.

I would have never had thought of Home Depot - luckily I have two or three Home Depots in my area and I'll check one out today!

Thanks,

-Michael

Home Depot is expensive for plugs if you have alot to do. Search ebay as well, lots and lots of stuff on there (ie 250 plugs for $25 USD+shipping). You can't beat the price of 10-20 cents each.... ;-)

also for stuff like cable you could check out newegg, they have some decent prices for some of that stuff, its under networking accessories IIRC.

What about other networking equipment such as patch panels and racks?

-Michael

WoodiE55 said:
What about other networking equipment such as patch panels and racks?
I know Newegg sells patch panels. as for racks, I know there are some online sites that sell them. I think Insite and CDW have racks, but I hear you can get a decent deal getting a used one off ebay. Insight and CDW also sell the tools, patch panels, and lots of other stuff too.

Back