Network Rockstar

earnstaf

Limp Gawd
http://www.networkrockstarchallenge.com

Give it a try... 8/10 is my best. First try was 6/10 ... got the first 6 right, then last 4 wrong.. round 3 is tough.

I've played a couple times since... never less than 5 right.. 8 is still best.

Got some repeat questions after only 4 games so, prolly not a lot of replayability.

I got a 10/10 with a score of 7130. I did have to guess on the last 3 questions, but there are alot of answers listed that I've never heard of.

heh, funny little test. There were a few totally incorrect answers but fun. 9/10 all 3 times for me, score in the 9k range.

SNMP Gets it's input from traps, right? I thought it did, but it was wrong. Grrrr. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sucks.

Missed that one only, so I guess I'm not too bad, eh?! ;)

Funny...
And yes I would have said traps too, but I didn't get that question.

9/10
Rank of Wan Stardust

SNMP Gets it's input from traps, right? I thought it did, but it was wrong. Grrrr. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sucks.

Yep, that's 100% correct. According to NetQoS RTP is a connection oriented protocol too and ICMP is a not a Layer 3 protocol. :rolleyes:

I think that 9/10 is the REAL rockstar, seems like there is always alteast one incorrect answer. :p

SNMP is a protocol for querying a system for various information. That information is specified by whats published in the MIB. SNMP Traps are generated when a triggerable condition occurs on the host system.

So if I had to take a guess, I'd say SNMP gets it's input from the OS itself. But it's a retarded question that makes little sense to begin with.

You said the magic word. "Get"

I was about to mention the SNMP thing. It's a test, you DO need to read the questions. SNMP gets data from a system by way of the GET command. A TRAP is a device-issued notification which is received by a trap collector.

10/10 here, had to go for a second round because I apparently clicked the answer above SMF. I can't believe that how many DS1's in a DS3 is considered a "hard" question.

I was about to mention the SNMP thing. It's a test, you DO need to read the questions.
hmmm.... its pretty pathetic that tests(even the ones im studying for) are being dwindled down to vocabulary tests. Its true, many of these tests attempt to trick people by use of verbage... When it comes right down to the technology, I dont care how the question was formed, A SNMP server can GET, receive, accept, acquire, attain information via traps.

10/10 here, had to go for a second round because I apparently clicked the answer above SMF. I can't believe that how many DS1's in a DS3 is considered a "hard" question.
I don't think that is considered one of the hard questions at all... I had some crazy DWDM questions, then again Im sure that optical guys think those are easy compered to some of the routing protocol questions that I consider a cakewalk :p

Anyone else get the RTP or ICMP questions, im wondering what the "correct" answer was....

Back