Network media player recommendation

Vague

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
253
Right now i have several displays that are powered by an entire machine each, an Optiplex gx270. It's overkill. I'm looking for a digital signage / network media player.

I've sampled a Viewsonic NMP-200 and it was middle of the road for what I need:
  • 16:9 aspect ratio
  • .pptx format support
  • network management
16:9 aspect ratio


It only support 4:3 and only ppt. I'm having a hard time finding the correct search terms to find something that will work. Anyone have knowledge or recommendations?
 
Uhmmm... not sure I understand precisely what you're looking for but, this comes to mind:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=735

I looked at that Viewsonic device homepage and I guess I'm shooting up the wrong tree as you seem to be looking for something that will display videos like on what, kiosks? Screens in static locations, aka signage, that sort of thing? :confused:
 
You're right. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.

I have several displays around campus. I need a device that will play a pptx file looped. I also need to be able to update the pptx files remotely. That's about it.
Thanks.
 
Back
Top