Network imaging

Fiala06

n00b
Joined
Jun 1, 2008
Messages
38
Hey guys

So I have been using UIU(universal imaging utility) for a few months and love how i can reimage a pc over the network from our server. But the software is really flaky for making new images. I was wondering if anyone had any suggesions of other simular programs or what other suggestions on ways going about this? This is for a school district btw.

Thanks

Cory
 
I use Acronis enterprise server, its very expensive, but can do so much and is so reliable its worth the 1K - 1,300 dollar investment (Depending if you want universal restore) <--i suggest getting UR if you get Acronis
 
Sweet thanks for the recommendation. I'm downloading the trial as we speak!

Thanks again!
 
I got a free license for Ghost 11 a few years ago, so I use it daily.

I also have a few customers using Altiris, but for all of it's features, I'm not a huge fan. It gets the job done, though.
 
So I've just created a test image w/ Acronis to try it out. I'm guessing i need to make a boot able rescue cd to transfer the image over the network. This will be a fun project to start on tomorrow morning. I'm off for the day!!!!!!

I will give some of the other programs a try soon but im out. Talk w/ ya tomorrow.

Cory
 
These are commercial solutions....both used by the largest school districts...

Altiris Deployment Solution
LANDesk Management Suite

Do you really need imaging? Can RIS do it well 'nuff?
 
Back
Top