• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Network folder

Joined
Nov 9, 2017
Messages
52
What's the best way to open a network shared folder from a different network? I'm trying to figure out the easiest/best way to open a shared folder from my office network on my laptop when I'm travelling.
I haven't set anything up yet so I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks
 
Contact your IT department, otherwise something like Dropbox or OneDrive would be a good way to share files.
 
Is it your laptop or your companies laptop? If companies, then your IT dept should have a solution for you. If YOUR laptop, then check with your cyber people to see if non-company devices are even allowed to connect to the company lan. If your company has to adhere to HIPPA, ISO 27000 or other security standards, I'm pretty sure their answer will be NOT ONLY NO, BUT HELL NO!.
 
I own the company. There is no IT department... we are a construction company... and we don't have to abide by any HIPPA laws.

Thanks.
 
Well, then, a vpn to your firewall. You do have a firewall? Lot's of tutorials on the interwebs about setting up a simple vpn.
 
I don't have a firewall... today anyways... I'm working on getting a pfSense box going, hopefully within a week or two.
 
I own the company. There is no IT department... we are a construction company... and we don't have to abide by any HIPPA laws.

Thanks.

Contact your IT department, otherwise something like Dropbox or OneDrive would be a good way to share files.


dropbox/onedrive/googl drive/etc would all be viable options to share files from your office PC to practically anywhere else, securely and easily. Like in under 5min you are up and running and in most cases, free.
 
Back
Top