network disconnect and reconnect

tokidoki

Weaksauce
hi,

i'm having trouble with my netowork. i have a wireless g-band router and it is connect with Verizon DSL. i'm running at 10.0 mps But when i'm online or playing game, it just automatic disconnected me then it reconnect. I don't know how to fix this program, i try to replug it in. But it still keep doing that. How can i solve this problem? plz help me out.

Thank you

Have you tried upgrading the firmware on the router? That's usually the first thing to try in that situation.

First you need to identify what is disconnecting. Is it your modem disconnecting from Versizon, or you router disconnecting from your modem, or your WAP disconnecting from your router, or your client disconnecting from your WAP? Try to isolate the problem anyway you can by connecting other devices like other computers to the WAP, or maybe connect your computer directly to the DSL modem to see if the problem still happens. Then, once you know which device is disconnecting you, look for upgrades in firmware, search the knownledge bases for those products, call tech support, etc.

Back