Network card copper vs??

Short answer
buy the less expensive one.
the other one is geared to servers
 
this is for my home server... it will be deploying operating systems. My onboard lan died (brand new mobo too).
 
That's what I planned, but what is the difference? I noticed that every time they say copper they are a lot more, whether its single or dual lan. I'd like to know just to know lol
 
The difference is the "Pro" designation. The "Copper" merely designates at the high end whether you're using copper cabling (Cat-5/6) vs. optical fiber.
 
aha! thanks. I thought that was odd.

Do they actually build these 'pro' cards any better or is it just warranty type stuff like on enterprise systems (latitude, etc)?
 
aha! thanks. I thought that was odd.

Do they actually build these 'pro' cards any better or is it just warranty type stuff like on enterprise systems (latitude, etc)?

Depends on the particular cards. I'm being lazy and not bothering to look up the differences on the two cards you linked, but my guess is that Pro version has ECC buffers and/or special virtualization options (SR-IOV).
 
Back
Top