Network Bridge question

spotdog14

[H]ard|Gawd
Long and the short of it is I use to have a Netgear N router and I bricked it (it sucked anyways). So I am back to two Linksys WRT-54G's (One is a V1 the other is a V5). My primary router (the V1) is running Tomato firmware, the second that is going to be the bridge (the V5) is running DD-WRT.

So my question is the bridge is going to be in the office that is going to have a hardwired computer to the bridge that will be running in a VPN all the time, the other thing that will be connected to the bridge will be a VOIP box and phone.

So the question is will this wireless bridge be good good enough to run the VOIP AND computer at the same time? I am running QOS on the main router so that should help with the throughput but I have no experience with running a wireless bridge.

Any thoughts or advice would be nice, thanks!

We cannot answer that. It depends on the amount of wireless interference and the network traffic from the PC.
It will probably work, but people are very sensitive to audio problems with phones. So it has to work really well to be considered successful. You'll have to deploy the solution, and test.

We cannot answer that. It depends on the amount of wireless interference and the network traffic from the PC.
It will probably work, but people are very sensitive to audio problems with phones. So it has to work really well to be considered successful. You'll have to deploy the solution, and test.

Very true. I was actually surprised that I was able to setup the DD-WRT router to be a client bridge in the first place because according to the FAQ page my firmware release breaks that support.

Anyways I got it all setup and running, now I am just tweaking the QOS classifications for the VOIP to receive the highest level. Does anyone have any recommendations on that using Tomato firmware?

Thanks again!

Back