Netstumbler 0.4.0!!!

its nice.
odd issues with centrino tho. (not exactly real time signal strength updates)
 
Yeah it has better support for non Orinoco cards - though I'm still planning on getting an Orinoco card just because it supports external antennas, has full compatibility with most every wifi program out there, and because it is more powerful than most card out there.
 
It only finds networks that are broadcasting their SSID. If you want a real wardriving program, you are installing Linux and getting something like Kismet or AirSnort. Personally, I haven't used these programs seeing as I have a eMachines 6805 and a BroadCom wifi card, but if I had something a little more Linux friendly and a ORiNOCO card, you bet your ass I would fire up WarLinux in a second and go driving around.
 
Cheech said:
It only finds networks that are broadcasting their SSID. If you want a real wardriving program, you are installing Linux and getting something like Kismet or AirSnort. Personally, I haven't used these programs seeing as I have a eMachines 6805 and a BroadCom wifi card, but if I had something a little more Linux friendly and a ORiNOCO card, you bet your ass I would fire up WarLinux in a second and go driving around.

have you tried using the ndis wrapper to get the broadcom wireless card to work in linux? i have a m5310 and it uses the same wireless card as the m68xx so i dont see why it wouldnt work for you too
 
wow...
i thought that program worked with everything

but yea... new version, w00t ;)
 
Yeah, it finally works on my Linksys G card now. It's always fun to look around at the networks around you. All of my neighbors have unsecured wireless networks. I, on the other hand, have a non-SSID broadcasting WPA enabled network up. The only good thing that I use Netstumbler for is to check what channels everyone else is using, so I can pick a nice empty one for my network.

As a side note, the signal/noise function in the new version still doesn't work for the Linksys cards.
 
Back
Top