Netlogon service not running on XP machine

blackbeaSSt

2[H]4U
not sure if this is an OS or network problem so i'll try here first.

here at the office we are all running xp with an old ass server 2000 machine. everyone here can log on to the network including myself. we have a new employee that i set up on the network and i had her try to log on to my system and we get the "netlogon" error.

how is it everyone can all log on, but she can't log on to the same computer i can?

The best way to fix it (as far as I've found) would be to remove it from the domain & then rejoin after a complete reboot.

The best way to fix it (as far as I've found) would be to remove it from the domain & then rejoin after a complete reboot.

aight i'll try that. just odd that on the same computer i can log in, but she can't. same domain, same groups, same everything.

aight i'll try that. just odd that on the same computer i can log in, but she can't. same domain, same groups, same everything.

Seems like a security policy issue, which can be fixed by domain rejoin or a gpupdate /force. I'm not sure which one would be the right fix for you though.

The system could be off the network and simply caching your credentials from a prior login.

Login with a local account and ensure you are on the network and can ping the domain name.

Back