Netgear Wireless extender problem

The Saint

Gawd
HI guys.....

I'm having big problems here and I need some help!

I bought a Netgear Range Extender (WGX102 and XE102) which is wall plugged....for my Netgear Router (WGR614) and I cant seem in getting it to work!

I can see the new network but when I connect to it, and open IE it says that I'm not connected to the internet!

I disabled the DHCP on the Wallplugged because my Router already is functioning as a DHCP....

I'm really lost and dont know what else to do!1 :(

sigh

Emanuele

Is the extender getting an address from the router? It would need to be set on the same subnet, preferably a static one. So if your range is 192.168.1.4-50, set the extender at 192.168.1.2 or 3.

On a repeater the only reason you need an IP is for management. Has nothing to do with passing data. Simply is repeating the signal and frames from the parent AP. Silly question but did you follow the manual instructions? Good first step. If so, then what is the problem?

Associating to the repeater means nothing if it's not associated itself to the parent AP. The repeater will need to have the same SSID as the AP and if you have any security measures implemented they will need to be duplicated on the repeater.

I did follow the instructions and did everything listed there....

I'll try to look around a bit more on the settings... :(

Back