netgear router acting funny

I only use it on wireless, usually it works okay for the most part but I recently changed its firewall ports, added more for a game and now browsing on the internet is more difficult. Some sites are fine, like hard forum or google for example but most other sites while they do appear they never finish loading. And its not the browser, the same thing happens with chrome. The downloads are fine, the problem is just the browsing sites, also not sure if it's related, but the desktop would at times have the same problem that I got used to by now even before this recent one where the sites loaded faster when I'm downloading something alongside it, preferably torrents. This new problem is worse though, since the sites never finish loading, some don't show the text of the main article leaving me waiting for hours with no progress. And no amount of reloading will help.

What I've done to solve it so far:

- restarted router a couple of times, even unplugged it.
- updated firmware even though i didnt have to

nevermind I solved it, apparently it doesn't like me opening the HTTP and HTTPS ports because they are already open by default. I didn't see it in the list of firewall ports so I thought no harm will come from putting them there.

Back