muzicman82
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Mar 17, 2010
- Messages
- 78
Hi all,
I have a lot of data as I do a lot of digital media work. It's not P2P stuff or things I can afford to lose. I am currently using OWC's Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2, 4x drive enclosure with RAID5. It's been OK, and certainly for the price, but I've lost data on it twice as the file system has gone haywire.
I *think* what's happened is that after sudden power loss or something, it boots up and if the file system isn't all in 100% order, it does a re-initialize of the RAID array, or does a rebuild and your data is hosed.
In any case, I'm ready to move on.
I've been looking at the ReadyNAS Ultra Plus and read some good things. Any input here would be great. I also understand the "Plus" is dual-core while the Ultra (no plus) is single-core. I'm mostly interested in the 4x drive model currently.
I have a lot of data as I do a lot of digital media work. It's not P2P stuff or things I can afford to lose. I am currently using OWC's Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2, 4x drive enclosure with RAID5. It's been OK, and certainly for the price, but I've lost data on it twice as the file system has gone haywire.
I *think* what's happened is that after sudden power loss or something, it boots up and if the file system isn't all in 100% order, it does a re-initialize of the RAID array, or does a rebuild and your data is hosed.
In any case, I'm ready to move on.
I've been looking at the ReadyNAS Ultra Plus and read some good things. Any input here would be great. I also understand the "Plus" is dual-core while the Ultra (no plus) is single-core. I'm mostly interested in the 4x drive model currently.