Netgear MR814 Reset problems!!! HELP!!

Dude8383

n00b
I dont understand wtf is going on with my router...every so often it decides to shut of all internet connection (two wireless and one obviously lan). my question is what the hell is it doing this for?? in order to get the internet connection back, i must reset unplug the router hold for about 10 sec and then plug it it!!!! its a pain to do so almost everyday. i never had this issue before, i never lost my internet connection for no reason accept once or twice my cable provider said that they were having issues.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

have you checked for the availability of a firmware update?

yeh i did...i updated to the version 2 drivers...that didnt fix anything...i checked today to see if maybe they have any new drivers, but they have nothing, so basically im stumped
:(

Happens to me too dude, I cannot figure it out. Tech support is BS , I know more than them about router operation and Networking. I just decided to rough it and uplug it when it does it. Usually i can go anywhere from 5 minutes to all day .

I've installed a ton of MR814's, and I've never had this happen. If your firmware doesn't fix it, it sounds like you have a bad router. If you can't return it, i suggest just buying a new one, as they are only $25 or so these days.

hm..do you think Netgear would be willing to replace this one for a new one...basically an RMA?

Originally posted by Dude8383
hm..do you think Netgear would be willing to replace this one for a new one...basically an RMA?

If its still in warranty, definitely, if its out of warranty, no chance.

Back