Netgear GS105PE

W.Feather

[H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1
Ive got my hands on one of these to go up in my garage attic ..... Main intent is to only need one ethernet run (For now) to power a camera and Unifi AP. However Im hitting a snag in that the damn thing won't pull PoE+ from my Unifi US‑24‑250W ....

Kicker is last night I set it up with a 20' Cat6a UTP I had laying around, and it ran the camera fine. Today I go to swap to a run I made (Not in attic yet .... would rather trouble shoot out of that death box), and no bueno....so i think bad termination on either end , re-do em..... same thing...... Go and swap back to the cable it worked with previously ..... and it no longer gets PoE+ .

Finally I just plug in a Unifi UAP-Pro (1st gen) to the cable I made, and into the same port I was trying with the GS105PE .... and what do you know, the AP boots right on up no issues whatsoever ....

Anyone have any ideas / thoughts on this? The switch operate fully from what i can tell other than passing on power, port 5 has green on the left and amber on the right (On the Right, Green = PoE+, Amber = 802.3af), was green last night....I have rebooted both devices to no change on my issues.

Port 1/2 will flash green on the right side if I plug anything into them after letting the switch boot up.

Any help is appreciated,

-W.Feather

Any ideas? Waited a few days issue persists. It actually was getting itself full power then I did the new firmware , 1.4.0.9, and now it only does 802.3af again. The plot thickens.

Back