• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Netflix silverlight and hdmi

sparks

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
3,206
I have a roku box for netflix and this works great. In the other room I was trying to use silverlight with hdmi on my computer to feed the other set.
I can not get any sound except thru my pc speakers.

the video card is a 4870 with the hdmi adapter used on the dvi output.

Can getting sound thru this hdmi cable be done?
 
Yes, you can get audio through the 4870 video card. You just have to make sure you select that as your audio source, and not the built-in sound card. (One of the nice things about ATi's HDMI set-up is the built-in audio chip, which avoids the less elegant pass-through cable required by nVidia.)
 
There is also an ATI driver for HDMI. I had to install that to get mine to work. And as was said before, make sure to select the correct device in the playback tab.
 
Thank you for the info. I was lost on this.
ps I am using a soundblaster X-Fi XtremeGamer card...stupid of me not to mention that.
 
I keep trying this and can not get it to work.
I set the sound output to ati HD audio rear output.
the browser is playing on the tv but no sound.
If I go to speaker settings speaker volume and move the slider I hear DING on the tv so something is going there.

but nothing thru this siverlight playback on the browser displayed on the tv.
 
Remove the sound card and set the ATI hdmi as the default audio source.
Then reset the computer
 
Ok I reset the computer and still nothing.
Then I set the movie to play on the tv and reset the computer and now it works.
I guess it was as confused as I was.
Thanks for the help
 
Back
Top