Netflix on PS3

robothunter

Limp Gawd
If anyone is interested my Netflix PS3 DVD arrived today. It works great. You do have to have the DVD in your PS3 for it to work though. It is not an installation disc. It streams HD and SD video. You can select things from your instant queue or you can browse movies and TV series by category, most popular, new, recommended for you, and so on. You can then choose to put them in your queue or start watching directly from there. Fast forward, rewind and all the other features on the remote work well.

So if you have a PS3 and a Netflix account and didn't know this was now available sign in and request your free DVD from Netflix.

Yeah, received mine today.. its OK i guess..The whole having to have the DVD in is kinda annoying.. I like the 360 interface much better.. but for the people that have a PS3 only, its free if you have netflix, so why not..

It's better than Hulu quality. The movies that are in HD look especially great. I have had Netflix on my Xbox for a while. I like it on the Xbox because it is installed on the hard drive. The quality does seem to be better on the PS3 though. Whenever I'm watching an HD Netflix movie on my Xbox it will pause "buffer" and switch me to SD for a minute, then pause "buffer" and switch me back to HD. It hasn't done that to me on my PS3 yet.

It's better than Hulu quality. The movies that are in HD look especially great. I have had Netflix on my Xbox for a while. I like it on the Xbox because it is installed on the hard drive. The quality does seem to be better on the PS3 though. Whenever I'm watching an HD Netflix movie on my Xbox it will pause "buffer" and switch me to SD for a minute, then pause "buffer" and switch me back to HD. It hasn't done that to me on my PS3 yet.

off the top of my head I dont know the specs, but it may be that the 360 has less RAM than the PS3, so it cant hold as much data in the buffer (if your internet connection is slower than 3mbps that will compound the problem)

Do you have to pay any extra fees for the PS3 netflix? I just got a large-screen TV and want to get a PS3 for BluRay, if I can also use it for netflix, I can cancel my LIVE subscription (have only used it so far to play 1 game and to stream netflix)

Cool I think I will sign up then.
Ashton - I don't think there is any extra fee for the service. You have to order the PS3 utility disc thats free. You must have at least the 8.99 plan.

I have 7.2Mbps DSL so it's not a speed problem for me.
There are no extra fee's for PS3 Netflix. The disc they send you is free and it doesn't count against how many you receive. The only subscription you need is standard Netflix.

Back