• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Netflix Offers Instant Access

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Netflix is saying that it will start offering TV and movies over the Internet as part of a new “Watch Now” feature. Current subscribers will get immediate access to an internet streaming service that is supposed to prevent piracy.

The company plans to unveil its Watch Now feature Tuesday. But only a small number of its more than 6 million subscribers will get immediate access to the service, offered at no additional charge.
 
I was wondering how long something like this would take. Now I just need a 10 meg connection.
 
I guess this was another article worthy of a double post on the front page? Hehe, Steve stop double-clicking the submit button!
 
According to the artical, it gets better with a faster connection, maxing out at DVD quality i guess.

I wouldn't be suprised if they can get close to DVD quality, but I doubt they could ever reach the same level.

I mean comcast already has movies on demand and they stream them fine even during peak parts of the day.
 
I haven't got the watch now tab yet when I log in. I'm curious to see how well this does. I'm pretty sure I won't be the bottleneck @ 20 megabit, so hopefully it shows up soon.
 
They needed to come back and challenge blockbuster's BADASS new deal. Too bad I don't have the time for movies anymore or blockbuster would have my coinage that was once reserved for netflix.
 
you have to install a small app to use the service. How much you wanna bet that app also checks for DVD copying activity. . . .
 
you have to install a small app to use the service. How much you wanna bet that app also checks for DVD copying activity. . . .

It's easy to get around, just like Vongos protection from what I've seen.
 
Back
Top