Netflix Fails To Secure @Quikster

This twitter/facebook misconception is getting to me.... why does every shitty wannabe company, and now every BIG company, think that they need to make a twitter/facebook?

What the fuck happened to making your own .com website?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ..............!??!?!

instead of JOIN US AT OURSHOW.COM (which can easily have a facebook/twitter feed of any name you'd like with no problems) --- they are saying a more annoying, harder to find, JOIN US ON A FEW OF THESE WEBSITES THAT WE DON'T CONTROL AT ALL.

In-fucking-sane.. people are so sheepish lately. It's just fucking sad and one reason America isn't as innovative as it once was.... follow, follow, follow. Barely any LEADING.
Couldn't agree with you more. At least someone gets it.

Because a guy who has a few joints is such a criminal.... :rolleyes:

Only millions upon millions of Americans openly say they smoke, its not a crime (in 15 states, plus Washington D.C)

Hey cowboy, I wasn't dissing marijuana. It's not legal in most places. I didn't make the law.

Qwikster sounds pretty close to Quixstar, which is the same as Amway. A period scheme business model that is a front for converting people to Christianity.

Awesome!

Hey cowboy, I wasn't dissing marijuana. It's not legal in most places. I didn't make the law.

I know, but what you said will not hold any water in court lol. Oh, lets blackmail this guy to give us his almost worthless twitter name, all because he uses ganja. lol, no way dudeeeeee :D

This twitter/facebook misconception is getting to me.... why does every shitty wannabe company, and now every BIG company, think that they need to make a twitter/facebook?

What the fuck happened to making your own .com website?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ..............!??!?!

instead of JOIN US AT OURSHOW.COM (which can easily have a facebook/twitter feed of any name you'd like with no problems) --- they are saying a more annoying, harder to find, JOIN US ON A FEW OF THESE WEBSITES THAT WE DON'T CONTROL AT ALL.

In-fucking-sane.. people are so sheepish lately. It's just fucking sad and one reason America isn't as innovative as it once was.... follow, follow, follow. Barely any LEADING.

They do it solely to get you all riled up. You're so easy.

Re: can a company do a more epic fail sequence:

They can take out Gamefly on their way down (or am I the only one that saw they just said that Qwikster is going to be doing the WII/PS3/XBOX360 disks for an added fee?)

Me and you Bill, we seem to be the only people that notice the HUGE failure of it being an 'addon fee' and not solely a game rental service all on its own. If this is the case, gamefly will stomp out qwister for sure.

This all has to do with $$$ and/or CEO greed.... he still doesn't explain the TRUE REASON why they jacked the prices up, just that they are jacked up because of the current situation. Well, no shit sherlock, but that doesn't answer the question that everyone is asking. WHY did you jack the prices?

Obviously someone wants more money, we just don't know if its netflix themselves, or the companies that give their products to netflix, causing the rise in price for "licensing". But if that was the true case (which he still didn't answer) why hasn't all the other companies like this (redbox, cough) had any price increases? If netflix was forced to pay up more for the content, everyone else would be paying more too.

Netflix is the titanic, and they purposefully drove into the fucking iceberg on this one.

Idiots.

They do it solely to get you all riled up. You're so easy.

Rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:D I just don't get what happened to people having their own website, its not THAT hard to have a website going. Why do all the sheepish wannabe companies think this is the new web model for good online business? It's not a good model at all, just what everyone is talking about because its blasted all over TV. plus, like I said, any 3rd grader can paste the code for their twitter/facebook feed onto their personal website..... so Why pay some loser who can't find a job, claiming they are a "social media expert'' (laughable.... a.k.a person who doesn't know jack and can fill in word boxes for 3rd party websites) when you can pay a true artist, web programmer, etc and all the same price, if not cheaper, to make a website WITH THE SAME CRAP as a twitter/fb + more of your OWN content?!?!

It's mind boggling and just..... half-ass to do the twitter/facebook thing only... that's all I'm saying I guess.

Rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:D I just don't get what happened to people having their own website, its not THAT hard to have a website going. Why do all the sheepish wannabe companies think this is the new web model for good online business? It's not a good model at all, just what everyone is talking about because its blasted all over TV. plus, like I said, any 3rd grader can paste the code for their twitter/facebook feed onto their personal website..... so Why pay some loser who can't find a job, claiming they are a "social media expert'' (laughable.... a.k.a person who doesn't know jack and can fill in word boxes for 3rd party websites) when you can pay a true artist, web programmer, etc and all the same price, if not cheaper, to make a website WITH THE SAME CRAP as a twitter/fb + more of your OWN content?!?!

It's mind boggling and just..... half-ass to do the twitter/facebook thing only... that's all I'm saying I guess.
I can't think of any big companies that don't have a website, so I'm not sure what you're on about. They may have fb and twitter too, but it's because that's where people are. :confused:

For some reason I think they could give this guy a real low-ball offer and he'd take it...

He was contemplating an offer of $1k, if the guy is truly a weed smoking dropout, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for it.

Me and you Bill, we seem to be the only people that notice the HUGE failure of it being an 'addon fee' and not solely a game rental service all on its own. If this is the case, gamefly will stomp out qwister for sure.

In a couple years, qwister will be spinning off thier game rental business into a seperate company..... Seperate queue, seperate higher priced bill, etc.

netflix and friends are all going to bomb, what an epic failure on their part

greedy

This all has to do with $$$ and/or CEO greed.... he still doesn't explain the TRUE REASON why they jacked the prices up, just that they are jacked up because of the current situation. Well, no shit sherlock, but that doesn't answer the question that everyone is asking. WHY did you jack the prices?

Obviously someone wants more money, we just don't know if its netflix themselves, or the companies that give their products to netflix, causing the rise in price for "licensing". But if that was the true case (which he still didn't answer) why hasn't all the other companies like this (redbox, cough) had any price increases? If netflix was forced to pay up more for the content, everyone else would be paying more too.

Netflix is the titanic, and they purposefully drove into the fucking iceberg on this one.

Idiots.

The reason nobody else had a huge price increase if you consider a few bucks huge, fuck man directv haswent up more than Netflix over the years, is because they are the only one with a subscription plan. THAT is what keeps causing them to raise prices. For a DVD them and the rest pay their $75 per movie to buy it or whatever the cost is and they rent out that disc as much as they like with only one person being able to watch it at a time. For the VOD services out there you are paying per movie you watch so they can just pay $1 or $2 or something like that per viewing. Netflix can't do that as they don't charge you per viewing. So the movie studios come up with special pricing for them. In the case of stars that special pricing was a jump from $30 million to $300 million. Which is why that is falling off their list.

As for games, we don't know how much extra it will be but why shouldn't it be more? Games cost more than movies to buy, guessing they have to buy them in a similar manor to movies so they probably pay $150 or so per game to be able to rent them out. If they ship games out with the same speed as they do movies they will blow gamefly out of the water. I tried them for a month and a half and they sucked. 7 days for the game to get to me, 7 days for it to get back to them.

Still illegal in all 50 states, federally.

I didn't feel like researching. I just know it's illegal just about everywhere. Our resident caps-lock user was getting his panties in a twist again.

Back