Netbook suggestions

EndersShadow

[H]ard|Gawd
So I asked my wife what she wanted for her birthday.... she looks at me (on our nice HP laptop) and says "my own laptop".... so being the nice husband I am, realize that our potential budget for a laptop wont get her a decent one. I then think about "how" I use the laptop and realize I hog it most of the time.... for stupid easy stuff thats not CPU or GPU intensive.....

So I decided I would give her the gift of buying my own little netbook myself so I can use it as often as I want for the basic stuff (see how that works;)). That free's our 15.6" screen with dedicated GPU and Triple Core AMD laptop for her. That said I am putting a 100-200 limit on myself and prefer under 150 for a netbook. I am totally fine with used as thats what I am going to have to get at this point. While tablets are nice, since I will be doing LOTS of typing I would prefer a physical keyboard rather than an onscreen one on a tablet.

So I need some suggestion on models to look for on ebay, CL, etc. Here is a list of what I need in the unit:

1. Play HD video (YouTube)
2. Browse web via Chrome
3. Windows 7 capable (I have a extra copy of Win 7, so if its Win 8 or XP I can just reformat it)
4. "Somewhat" decent processor. I dont need a i5, but if one comes with it great. I anticipate lots of suggestions for Atom, Turino and other lower Ghz processor.
5. Decent keyboard, dont need a number pad or any spiffy stuff.
6. Good battery life if possible
7. Somewhat decent looking. I dont want a dog of a netbook here, but I dont need it to be Apple quality either.
8. Dont care about HDD space, will be upgrading it to a SSD if it doesnt have one already.
9. Screen size of 10-13 inches. I dont want anything HUGE, I also dont want something thats not much bigger than a phone either

So suggest away.

Back