.NET Framework Questions (Need Help/Info)

-O-rigin

Weaksauce
I have a few questions about the .NET Framework I could use some help with:

1) What software apps/hardware requires it?

I know ATi's GPUs (which I run on different systems) require it (at least for the CP to work correctly), but don't know if any games etc. require it as well.

2) Which version of the Redistributable Package of .NET Framework 2.0 do I download for XP Pro SP2?

Is this the correct one http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=aea55f2f-07b5-4a8c-8a44-b4e1b196d5c0&DisplayLang=en?

This one says "Compact", though I don't remember it saying that when I downloaded it with Windows Updates on this drive (and it's just listed as "2.0" in my Programs list), so I'm not sure if this is the correct one to download for my OS.

I need to download the correct .NET Framework 2.0 because I have drives that never touch the internet that I use strictly for gaming and some multimedia work. I just install XP Pro SP2 (boxed) and my systems software (for mobo, GPU etc.) and that's it. I don't need any other Windows updates for those drives since they're only used for gaming and never connected to the net, so I don't need Windows security updates.

So for my gaming drives, I'll most likely just be using XP SP2 for as long as games will run on it, but need the 2.0 Framework for my ATi GPUs.

If someone could throw me the correct link to download the Framework 2.0 for XP Pro SP2, I'd appreciate it. I don't really understand the whole Framework thing.

Appreciate the help, thanks.

Back