NES Classic on Amazon

My local Walmart has 10 of them. have for days
Had a ton of these behind the counter at gamestop. I was there yesterday...

Also: Is this "NES CLASSIC" any different than the last "NES CLASSIC" that was released?

Same games?

Now that I just bought a New 2DS XL, am I bettter off just buying the "Ultimate NES Remix" ?

I think it depends on where you are located. I live in the college town 5 miles from ASU, I had to drive out to the suburbs to get mine, and at that point the Target didn't have a display, it was ask only, as if they weren't even trying to sell them.

For the modding scene, wouldn't the SNES classic be better? Same internals but better controller.

(Not considering the raspberry pi or whatever).

For the modding scene, wouldn't the SNES classic be better? Same internals but better controller.

Between just those two, yes the SNES is better.

Not to mention the SNES comes with 2 controllers. Good fucking luck finding a 2nd NES classic controller from Nintendo. Seems like they only made 1 for every 10 or something.

And meanwhile I just loaded Metal Gear on BizHawk, and emulator that supports multiple systems, and does a pretty good job of supporting fastfwd and rewind (mapped to the shoulder buttons for everything except SNES games), and save states are F1 through f10 (I hate old-styhle emujlators where the save / load states are a single dedicated button, and you have to change the state using a gui or third button. Let me select the state I want to save directly with dedicated f-keys).

Unless you hack it, you can't get Metal Gear on Nes Classic, or The Guardian Legend, or Castlevania III or Battletoads or Final Fantasy III Famicom translation or Dragon Warrior III.

Not to mention the Shining Force 2 I was playing earlier. BizHawk runs on the HTPC I bought six years ago.

Last edited:
Amazon appears to be getting some in stock again.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Entertainment-System-NES-Classic/dp/B01IFJBQ1E/

grabbed one just for the nostalgia factor
If you're still looking for this or the SNES Classic, go to your local Best Buy. Every time I've gone in there they have had both stocked on the shelves. The only thing that seems to be consistently sold out these days are the official NES Classic controllers, and the third party ones go for 2-3x the cost of the official ones.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you're still looking for this or the SNES Classic, go to your local Best Buy. Every time I've gone in there they have had both stocked on the shelves. The only thing that seems to be consistently sold out these days are the official NES Classic controllers, and the third party ones go for 2-3x the cost of the official ones.

Amazon has the controllers coming in stock - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JT77EDK

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

maybe some places, but not here.

both stores:
Order now and it will be ready for pickup Wed, Oct 24

I would say to keep trying places like Best Buy and Walmart. I know I've seen some at Fry's. People complain about what they aren't however, I like them for that they are. I plan to get one for my mom. Not sure if I'm going to be doing the SNES or NES classic.

I would say to keep trying places like Best Buy and Walmart. I know I've seen some at Fry's. People complain about what they aren't however, I like them for that they are. I plan to get one for my mom. Not sure if I'm going to be doing the SNES or NES classic.

I'd say buy a raspberry Pi with a nintendo case and have both.

lol. There is no value in that outside of Nintendo. It is not stoping people from hacking the NES classic to load all the NES ROMs on to it.

You can legally play 20-30 games for $60. Show me a better value.....LEGALLY.

Back