Nero Vision Express

BlackTigers91

2[H]4U
Okay, I have a few home movies on my HDD in the form of .avi's. They appear as 703 MB on my HDD.

BUT, when I go to burn them with Vision Express, ONE 703MB file expandas to 5GB!

Is there any way to fix this???

Nero should let you choose the encoding quality settings near the begining of the process. I havn't seen nero 7, but in 6 the settings should be accessable from the button near the bottom of the app during the phase that you are importing video sources. If the audio is set to PCM, you can quickly drop a bit of size by switching to AC3.

No, you see....

I did that, got it down by 300MB :p.

Anyway, On my HDD, it is a 700 MB file. When I go to add it to the DVD, it comes out to being 5GB! What is this caused by???

BlackTigers91 said:
No, you see....

I did that, got it down by 300MB :p.

Anyway, On my HDD, it is a 700 MB file. When I go to add it to the DVD, it comes out to being 5GB! What is this caused by???

I guess I'm not sure what exactly you are doing when it does that to you. I never had that problem. It just sounds like the compression needs to be upped to me. usually it will even automatically stop you from encoding too large, unless you have a dual-layer DVD in there that can hold 9GB.

Back