Nero Noob Question

texmaster

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm burning a huge 15GB set of files for some soldiers overseas but for the life of me I can't find out how to allow the burn to continue to a new disk instead of saying it wont fit on just one.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is nero 7.9.6

DVD's only hold 4.7 GB, and CD's are only 700MB.

Can you break up that set of files on to multiple disks? or is it just one file and you need to split it?

You could also try compressing those files with a program called WinRAR. Just make sure the soldiers have WinRAR installed over there too so they can decompress them.

I've used that for shrinking 900MB of files into 300MB.

yeah I know about these products and I'm using winrar ;)

I just didn't want to try and break this stuff up if I didn't have to

Well if y'all have Dual layer DVD drives and disks and a program that can write and read multiple layers, you could hold more.

Or if you had a blue ray burner and disks those could hold a quite more.

You could also buy a 16GB flashdrive but those cost bug bucks :p ($150 or something, BlueRay burners are quite expensive too)

yeah it is a dual layer but these soldiers only have DVD drives so It will have to be DVD only

Disc spanning for DVDs probably won't work very well, so unfortunately, you will have to use something like WinRAR to break up the data into DL DVD-sized parts.

Maybe mailing over a 16 gig flash drive wouldnt be too bad of an idea. Theyre not that expensive (~160 USD)

Back