Nero: give it folder and it burns itself?

gurgle

Limp Gawd
Is it possible to give Nero a folder, say 20 GB and have it just burn one disc after another?

I need some clarity.

You want to burn a folder containing 20GB of information, and for Nero to ask you to insert another disc until all the data is burned?

What exactly is this folder? Your best bet is to split it into enough sections (around four DVDs) to fit on the discs in an organized fashion. I can't say if Nero will burn and ask for you to insert another disc, although I'm not sure if it'll even begin the process once it realizes the disc isn't big enough.

He's thinking along the lines of Burn Folders in OSX, I believe. Drop content in it and burn content and the software should span it across discs. The simple answer is no; if you need to do something like this, just use Nero as a backup tool and make folders with 4.3GB of stuff in them (just under the 4.37GB limit - this translates out to 4.7GB when you do the proper math) and go from there.

That's how I do it, one disc at a time, and it's pretty quick actually, especially with an 18x Plextor. :D

Nero BackitUp will do exactly what you want. I just tested a 19.9GB folder full of MP3's, and it said
"Compression rates vary greatly. You may need up to 5 single layer or 3 dual-layer DVD's to hold this content"

I dont want it to split up my files though. I gave it some .avi's to burn, and it wanted to split them up.

I dont want it to split up my files though. I gave it some .avi's to burn, and it wanted to split them up.

I see where you're going, mainly because I've made a habit out of archiving many many gigs of pr0... err... educational viewing materials. Unfortunately I know of no software that will go through a directory and intelligently organize/burn the files to maximize usage of your blank DVDs.

The best way is still the old fashioned way - go through them by hand and organize them into 4.7GB 'sets'. Then have a marathon burning session with Nero. :)

meh. too lazy to do that :/

oh well, i guess ill just watch stuff and then delete it.

Back