Nero 9 Reloaded on Windows 7

Deads0uls

Limp Gawd
Is anyone running Nero 9 Reloaded on 7? I tried loading it the other day but when I tried to launch the application I received an error. "side by side configuration is incorrect" was the error. Google search indicated that the error is related to the Windows SxS system.

I have a hunch that it might be an incompatibility with Norton Internet Security 2010 which I had installed immediately prior to Nero 9.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Or, have Nero 9 running fine on 7?

Side by side errors are often caused by the absence of, or a conflict with, Visual C++ libraries.

Make sure you have the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 redistributables installed for programs that need one or the other.

I've encountered one conflict between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Visual C++ 2008 with Adobe LiveCycle Designer that required editing the executable due to a coding bug that didn't take into account the presence of both versions on 64-bit systems.

I am running 7 64bit and I have both versions (32,64) installed. I wonder if Nero is another program that doesn't anticipate both versions.

Back