Nero 7 burning dvd files

spectra260

Limp Gawd
I have some video files that were MKV so I converted them to dvd with winavi and want to burn them now. After I converted them they all add up to 4gigs whitch is fine it will fit I figure on a 4.7gig dvd disc.

I load up nero 7 and goto add dvd video files and it says not enough space on the disc and that its almost 6 gigs size. But I check the files and the total size is only 4 gigs. Some how when I choose them with nero it ends up saying its much bigger.

I found out that nero 7 transcodes it or somthing and im guessing that is the reason why its making it larger instead of just burning the files. I had no problem burning DVD's with Nero 6 the only reason I got nero 7 was for I can make dvd menus for it looks better.

Is there a way to just make it burn the files thers no erason it should have to encode or convert it anymore sinse its already DVD files and I can play them fine with VLC player.

spectra260 said:
I have some video files that were MKV so I converted them to dvd with winavi and want to burn them now. After I converted them they all add up to 4gigs whitch is fine it will fit I figure on a 4.7gig dvd disc.

I load up nero 7 and goto add dvd video files and it says not enough space on the disc and that its almost 6 gigs size. But I check the files and the total size is only 4 gigs. Some how when I choose them with nero it ends up saying its much bigger.

I found out that nero 7 transcodes it or somthing and im guessing that is the reason why its making it larger instead of just burning the files. I had no problem burning DVD's with Nero 6 the only reason I got nero 7 was for I can make dvd menus for it looks better.

Is there a way to just make it burn the files thers no erason it should have to encode or convert it anymore sinse its already DVD files and I can play them fine with VLC player.

If it's Nero Vision Express you are using, there is an option (near the bottom of the screen, video properties or something) that you can go into and choose different setting for normal play, extended play etc. Just set it to one of these until it shrinks the file size so that you can fit it all onto the DVD.

Not that technical an answer I know, but you should be able to find the option I'm talking about ;)

Back