• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nero 7.0 and LightScribe

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
2,810
I can't figure out how to get Nero 7.0 to do LightScribe? I don't even see where that is an option for me to do. I have the HP DVD Writer 640C with the latest firmware. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or not doing since I can't find this option anywhere?

Thanks in advance.
 
You need to download the Lightscribe print engine update from HP and install that, reboot, and the Nero label app should then show the lightscribe options. The update is actually a standalong peice of code the enable the lightscribe service and functionality on your computer so lightscribe aware apps will work.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=455746&os=228

I ran nto the same problem and this is what got it working for me.
 
I have done that update and it's still not working. What steps are you doing to get this to work. Can you walk me through this?
 
Hrrm... <cough-cough> check the version that you have.... :)

It _should_ be in the SmartStart section under "extra's" and there will be a Lightscribe icon.
 
I have the most recent version of nero 7.0 and here is what i have in extra's.

Nero7.jpg

Nero7shot2.jpg
 
Well - now that I just checked my system I now remember I never could get Nero 7 to work with Lightscribe. I ended up downloading SureThing SE which is free so I could burn the label sides - never had the problem with Nero 6.x...
 
If your nero is up to date, the boys over at club.cdfreaks.com report this as the fix. This may or may not work for you, but it seems to have solved some of the problems.
 
Didn't work... MAN I don't understand this.... Maybe Nero isn't recognizing that I have a LightScribe enabled burner?
 
I just can't get Nero 7.0 to burn a lighscribe image on my disc, the option jsut isn't available. After doing numerous updates and etc, I have given up. My Nero is updated to the most recent version and I have the most recent lightscribe engine update as well. I just don't understand what the deal is. :confused: :confused:

Baffleization has landed upon me.
 
Back
Top