• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Neo4 SLI Hang

Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
9
Well I've had the MSI Neo4 Platinum for almost a year now and just getting to OC'n it but having some problems. Im using a 3000+ Winchester, (single) MSI NX6600GT, 2x1 Gig Corsair XMS TWINX2048-3200PRO and 10k WD Raptor. I can get this chip to run at 238fsb with NO voltage increases to anything and the system runs stable and restarts fine, if i bump it to 240fsb the monitor wont turn on. I have increased the vcore to max 1.55, increased chipset voltage to max 1.85 decreased the HTT to 3-4, ive seen multipliers at 10 on some ppls post but mine maxes at 9 and thats where i usually leave it, and the monitor still wont come on. Ive tryed playing a bit with the memory timing but havent dug to far into it. Stock timing on this ram (according to Newegg spec info) is 3-3-3-8 at 2.60, but ive never gotten the computer to boot running at suggested voltage. When I overclocked to 245fsb prime95 found no errors but when i did a soft restart the monitor wouldnt come back on and had to hit the bios reset. Could use some suggestions. The problem im finding is no matter what I increase or decrease the monitor wont come on at reset. Making it very hard to diagnose exactly what it is I need to do. Also heat is not an issue odd thing is at 250 it was still running at 34C on air. I also did a Aquamark3 test just now and I got a better score at 238 with stock voltages than I did when I was trying to OC past 245...very interesting.
 
Back
Top