• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Neo2 Plat northbridge...

Genocidal

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
340
How hot does this NB get? I have this board and i'm getting the rest of the components this weekend and I would like to replace the NB fan with the fanless heatsink from zalman. I plan on doing a little overclocking with a winchester 3200+. Anyone else using that heatsink and neo2?
 
The chipset heat isn't too nasty, but I wouldn't use a passive heatsink unless you have some airflow over the area. Due to the NB placement sometimes a video card cooler will generate airflow, but many video card coolers would interfere with a passive heatsink. Mine certainly would, so I had to keep the low-profile fan in place.

KC
 
My vid card is a bfg 6800 ultra oc so i'm not sure if that will help cool the NB... Is there any other type of NB fan I could replace it with, I hear alot of complaints about the fan MSI used in this board.
 
Just redo the paste under there as apparently theres almost NEVER enough. Mine was about 3/8 of the chip! :p
 
Back
Top