Neo Tokyo (half-life 2 MOD )

they've been hit by crazy amounts of holiday traffic, sales, free guest passes for killing floor, etc. if you run into server busy errors just try changing your d/l location to some other region/country and see if it goes through.

This looks pretty amazing. I love the music. will check it out tonight.

Another bump for this mod, it is very polished compared to most other mods I know. The art style is killer and fits perfectly into the source engine, the music is just amazing, on par with or better than most game music, I bought the double-cd sounctrack as soon as the last batch of them became available

I do have one problem with NT though, it favors the better players alot, making you very sad as a newcomer.

starting playing last night. It's amazingly beautiful game that no ones playing :(

But it is essentially Counter-strike :3rd gig

I've been playing this game since last week. Easily the best MOD ever. This game, music, atmosphere, design, and marketing are pro. It worth a look if you haven't played it. It sucks that there are tons of servers but not too many players on right now...

According to Glasseater and a few other developers the steam greenlight is almost complete. Documents need to be signed by both parties and we should have it very soon! I'm hoping that we get many new players to the NT community!

I remember following this years ago. Glad to see its still being played. I played in one of the very early early betas but eventually dropped it for AHL. :) Thanks for the heads up. Installing now to give it a go!

According to Glasseater and a few other developers the steam greenlight is almost complete. Documents need to be signed by both parties and we should have it very soon! I'm hoping that we get many new players to the NT community!

Will it be updated more frequently now?
I played NT a few years ago, but it was buggy as hell and I was never able to actually play the game back then. This update fixed everything and I had a great time the other night.

There is something wrong with the server browser, however.
On executing the game I have to wait almost 10 minutes for servers to show up, it always fails to contact Master Server when I first open the server browser. That happened with the old build too, but much worse.

I saved the 2 most played servers I found, but that is still annoying. I have to leave the server browser updating in the background to get any sort of usable list.

Might give it a go again tonight. Very fun. I hope that server thing gets fixed though.

Awesome news! NT is still one of my favorite Half-Life mods.

For those of you that are fans, check out the Neo Tokyo soundtrack. One of the best video game soundtracks I've purchased. It's composed by Ed Harrison.

Holy crap, I forgot all about this. So crazy had some good times on there.

Redownloading this updated version! It's been years since I launched this game and had a blast playing it when it was first released.

server list issue was fixed.
lots of servers and people now. took a few rounds to remember how to play, but the game is a blast

Love NeoTokyo, sad to see that the only original developer left is PushBak. But, I am glad to see this mod get a resurgence. Played it when it was in its prime and had some of the best fun while it lasted.

very solid gameplay, just the way i remembered it, servers are full of neotokyoplayer(1)(2)(3)(4)(5) right now
so many impatient noobs jump in without reading the guide first, (or atleast check their binds and change the default nickname lol) die in the first round. type " this game sucks" and uninstall :p

it would be a miracle if we get a small but dedicated playerbase to populate those servers during the next 3 months. PC master race my arse :D

Last edited:
So what's the reason for this "resurgence"? My community had a server a number of years ago but, like many of the comments earlier in this thread indicate, the problem always seemed to be getting players interested.

I'm giving it a download now, but I imagine it will be difficult convincing players to try a HL2 mod they already dismissed...4 years ago.

So what's the reason for this "resurgence"? My community had a server a number of years ago but, like many of the comments earlier in this thread indicate, the problem always seemed to be getting players interested.

I'm giving it a download now, but I imagine it will be difficult convincing players to try a HL2 mod they already dismissed...4 years ago.

The game was greenlit awhile back and now it is finally on Steam. That's it.

Back