• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nehalem NDA lifted, Released !!!!!!!

Unfortunately, the review is a bit average.
Nehalem looks promising but I will wait until the P55 is available.
 
For the last five years Intel has completely dominated the CPU market with the Core architecture.
I'm not great with math, but wasn't Core release in 2006? With a lead in like that, I'm kind of not even interested in reading any more - if it's just an Intel fan site, I think I know what the review will say.

I'll wait for the [H] review.
 
The review wasn't very good, IMO -- it seems like there are a lack of non-synthetic benchmarks, as well as some typical benchmarks that I like to see.
 
The review wasn't very good, IMO -- it seems like there are a lack of non-synthetic benchmarks, as well as some typical benchmarks that I like to see.

I agree there should have been more real world testing done. I mean sure everyone wants to see the synthetics too but come on. :rolleyes:
 
15 pages, with a little content on each page filled with advertisements. Pass, please.

Nothing wrong with a little ads and spreading it around, but sometimes, it goes WAY overboard. Almost like a site that is just marketed for ads. :( bleh.

I like the i7. It will be a good step forward for Intel, and I can't wait for prices to come down a bit and I'll upgrade. Even with some claiming it's not a "gaming CPU", I'll go for it. They claim that the games are GPU limited. Not mine. It's CPU limited. FSX. :D Flight sims need a lot of CPU power. I can still OC my CPU and get good gains, and my AA/AF can be taken up with minimal frame rate drop. :D I want an i7, but I'm not getting the Extreme. I'm not that desperate. I'll take the ok looking hooker over the Hollywood hooker. I'm wearing a rubber, anyway.
 
I'm not great with math, but wasn't Core release in 2006? With a lead in like that, I'm kind of not even interested in reading any more - if it's just an Intel fan site, I think I know what the review will say.

I'll wait for the [H] review.

Core 2 was released in 2006. Core been around in laptops before Core 2 came out.
 
so basically, as far as I can see, the jump from Core 2 to Core i7 is similar to the jump we had going from Athlon X2 to Core 2 back in 2006....

meaning, its a kick ass, massive improvement....

bravo intel, bravo...

and thanks for making me feel bad about my recent (2 weeks ago) Wolfdale purchase already....
 
so basically, as far as I can see, the jump from Core 2 to Core i7 is similar to the jump we had going from Athlon X2 to Core 2 back in 2006....

meaning, its a kick ass, massive improvement....

bravo intel, bravo...

and thanks for making me feel bad about my recent (2 weeks ago) Wolfdale purchase already....

why do you feel bad? you realize its almost impossible to stress the CPU so much that it really makes a difference.. just increases yer e peen

exceptions being SC, and photoshop.
 
why do you feel bad? you realize its almost impossible to stress the CPU so much that it really makes a difference.. just increases yer e peen

exceptions being SC, and photoshop.

i feel bad because....

i dont upgrade for years and years and years.....

nehalem would have some serious staying power vs my wolfdale.....


yea, I know, my wolfdale is much cheaper and all... but still... its hard to see the future arriving in the present and not feel pangs of jealousy.... after all, we are all hardware enthusiasts here....

edit: o yea... and SC (if by SC u mean supreme commander), RULES my gaming life.... that and the Crysis sandbox editor.....
 
Did anyone see those HUGE performance gains in Far Cry 2 with a multi gpu setup and i7?! It was in the guru review, I guess i7 does TREMENDOUSLY improve gaming albeit with a multi gpu setup.
 
i feel bad because....

i dont upgrade for years and years and years.....

nehalem would have some serious staying power vs my wolfdale.....


yea, I know, my wolfdale is much cheaper and all... but still... its hard to see the future arriving in the present and not feel pangs of jealousy.... after all, we are all hardware enthusiasts here....

edit: o yea... and SC (if by SC u mean supreme commander), RULES my gaming life.... that and the Crysis sandbox editor.....

You can still crank out another 33% performance just by overclocking to 4GHz. I've had my E8400 since Feb, and I'm not sad I didn't wait. Once I know for sure I need the extra horsepower I'm overclocking this CPU as I high as I can. Once it doesn't cut it I can upgrade to the w/e is best on the market.

I still wish Guru3D used a QX9770 in the review instead. The extra cores and MHz did give the 965 a bit of a jump in performance because of that. I like the idea of a clock vs clock idea better personally.
 
Does that turbo mode for the core i7 processors exist? If so did the review sites disable it?
 
Any1 know offhand any publicly traded companies that derive a good chunk of their revenue from CPU cooling, esp water cooling?

edit- hmm maybe nvm, the wattage cap doesn't look to be all too bad
 
Far Cry 2 is also pretty darn happy with the processor. We spot a very slight increase at 10x7... but honestly if you play this game at that resolution with this setup... you'd be a dick. 1920x1200 bro, and nothing less.

Couldnt help but chuckle at this part. Can't wait until the 920s and evga x58's are out. Also, 80+ C ? Seems kind of hot dontcha think?
 
Back
Top