Negotiating with AT&T

A

aethowyn

Hello [H].

Let me preface this. I want to get a deal with AT&T. I have yet to be successful. They are pretty much stonewalling me. Who knows, I might be crazy. I'd like the resourceful [H]orde to take a look at the situation.

I have a Family talk plan currently with 550 minutes. I have Family texting for my phone and my girlfriends phone. We share minutes and mostly text because I am in meetings, or otherwise unable to 'talk' on the phone. So 'talking' is best done through text.

I want data on my Blackberry Bold. I had data. But, they kept telling me that my discount didn't apply to any of my additional services. Then they did. So I bit on it, until I got my bill and went down to AT&T huffing and puffing (not really) because the reason why I bought the data plan in the first place and what I was quoted for was instead a fabrication to get me to agree to the service. What a load.

So I took the data package back off. Now, I am eligible to upgrade my phone. But I want to work it out with AT&T to keep me as a customer instead of moving onto VZW with their awesome DROID.

So I call AT&T, I asked to match VZW's quote of 100$ to get the DROID, and everything I want which is the following:

- Similiar voice plan. Lowest possible.
- Unlimited Texting for both phones.
- Unlimited Data for my Blackberry, not my girlfriends.

I spoke to three reps. They all told me essentially the same thing: "Go to VZW, we aren't making a deal."

As anyone had any luck negotiating with these guys? Jeez.

Nope.
I have AT&T on and off before iPhones release. I have had it again since the release of the iPhone. I can't stand the way they operate. I hope verizon gets iPhone soon can't wait to leave them.
Ps goodluck...

F at&t. switch to Verizon and get a Droid. that's what i did. you wont regret it. took an hour on the phone to cancel service. they kept putting me on hold. I think they were trying to annoy the heck out of me so I'd give up trying to cancel. dunno about Verizon yet, but at&t customer service =fail.

Yeah, I understand moving to VZW may work out in the end.

However, I really do not want to bite down on the ETF wanting me to pay 90$ for my BB and 105$ for my GF's phone. Negotiating is what I have right now. At least until the terms change and I can quit AT&T.

I paid $115 to terminate my iPhone and coupled with the $119 Droid deal from dell I don't regret switching one bit. I have a better phone and better service now.

Monthly Prices are non negotiable at either company. And Verizon and ATT have EXACTLY the same prices. Also your company discount does apply to your BB plan and minutes just not your text and adittional line. So you would be @ 550min+add a line+Txt+BB plan = 50+10+30+30 you would need like a 25% discount to make that be $100/mo.

I really dont understand what you are trying to negotiate. I am pretty familiar with ATT and Verizons inner workings so maybe I can help.

Eh, probably 6 years ago I was able to talk them into giving me an additional 200 minutes per month for free. I still have this on my account, but that is the most I've gotten from them.

i would tell them to suck it, ATT sucks compared to Verizon, have had a phone with every major carrier over the past 10 years.....Verizon is the only service i will use now for sure, their customer service has been great, service is far better than ATT as well...

F at&t. switch to Verizon and get a Droid. that's what i did. you wont regret it. took an hour on the phone to cancel service. they kept putting me on hold. I think they were trying to annoy the heck out of me so I'd give up trying to cancel. dunno about Verizon yet, but at&t customer service =fail.

Agreed, this is what I did, except I didn't call ATT first, I went straight to Verizon, got phone and when they transferred my phone number over, it automatically cancelled ATT account. I've had no contact from ATT since and it is glorious!
Also, Droid (and Android in general) is bomb-diggity.

Sad that they wont work at all with you, before the iPhone came out they were not quite as bad. However none of the phones I want are CDMA and none of the GSM ones are coming to ATT making my life hard right now :p

I feel your pain though. They are a joke in certain area's, and its sad to see them acting like this. With their iPhone contract due soon I would have hoped they would want to retain customers instead of bleed them when the phones go everywhere else.

Switch to VZW... At least they pretend to care. Call ATT and talk directly to their "retention team" over in the disconnections... Tell ATT that your mother died and you can't stand living where you are any more... are taking a job out of the country for an extended time to get away from it all... 6 months or a year and your job is giving you a pre-paid phone. See if they will take pity on you and kill any fees.

BTW, the VZW version of the Nexus One is coming soon

Back