Needing a motherboard with Onboard Video

MYPEARL

Limp Gawd
Kind of a 2 part question. Which video chipset is perferred? And what motherboard that has onboard video would you perfer? Thanks in advance!

:cool:

for your current cpu or a new cpu?

i had a biostar tforce 6100 for amd64 and i loved it, i could not believe how stable it was. it blew ny epox, 2 asus sli boards, and dfi out of the water as far as stability is concerned. i would go a month and a half between reboots (idle timer in irc).

when you say you want onboard video what do you want to do with it?. the nvidia 6100/6150 onboard kinda sucks, it gets roughly half the frame rates you would see with a $60 9800pro. i couldnt even play bf1942 on high settings, med/low is all it would pull and that is with a 2.75 gig 3700+.

ati has an express200 chipset with a x300 onboard but it is a crippled x300, scores the same as nvidia's so if you even want to do moderate gaming with older games you should look elsewhere. look into a cheap add on card.

its for my wifes mom, all shell do is surf the internet and some work with excell. I might play wow on it if the on board video worked well enogh.

Either of the Nvidia 61xx or Ati[size=-1] Radeon Xpress 200 chipsets will be quite adequate for a simple surfing/home office machine.
[/size]

Back