Need your opinion.......

Frank Castle

Weaksauce
This guy and I are having a little dispute on which system,overall system is better and who would want it more.I would for you to be completely honest and give your opinion please.......

His system:

2.4c at 312 fsb with vapochill LS system does 312 5/4 @-42C load. 292 1:1 @ -46C load
1 gb of ocz pc4000
2 drive raptor raid 0 36 gb
180gb drive se
250 gb drive se
asus 9800 xt overclocked at 448\389
dvd writer 8x dual layer
cdrom 52x sony
audigy 2 zs
creative labs 7.1 speaker setup
abit ic7 max 3 vdimm&vTT fix/mod version 1
viewsonic 21 inch crt monitor flat screen 1600x1200

my system:
2.8e at 270 1\1 with hydrocool water cooling which is 3.8
2gb of ocz 4400
2 drive raptor raid 0 36gb
40 gb western digital 7200 rpm 8 meg
bfg 6800gt overclocked past ultra speeds at 420\1.12
abit ic7-max 3 version 2
creative labs 5.1 560 watt gigaworks!
audigy 2 zs sound card
pioneer 16x slot load dvd drive
12x dvd writer
cd writer 52x pioneer
24 inch sony fw900 widescreen crt,max res is 2048x1536 at 85 hertz!!!!!
Epson fax,scan,copy,photo printer new model

Please be honest..........thanks

there both systems I would love to have, if you had more storage space then your system. otherwise tie

I'm a harddrive hog... so his... :)
Plus he has a DVD-R and an audigy... and a CRT.
But that's just me...
I'm sure someone who likes the 6800 and an LCD would pick yours.

jackie and dar,I made some changes on his stuff I misqouted on the size of the raptors so if your opinion changed please post it......

still the 250 gig alone swayed me, you have just a 40 gig for storage though I like your vid card more :)

I have to say I'm partial to his as well. I like storage and am partial to ATI for video cards. Just had better luck with them. Not that your rig is bad by any means. If you were to build a better one and have no use for this one, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Nearly free of charge of course. :D

yours, if I choose on based on video, his based on HD, if you put a 400gb Sata drive in yours hand down.

Frank don't get mad. you will have 2 update again soon. the 3.2E comes in soon so it will be a 4ghz+ machine.

your just trying to settle a petty pissing contest?

you should really not bother yourself with the 'OMG MY COMP IS BETTER THEN URS LOLZ!!'

i dunno... i'm inclined to go with yours because of the 6800, the widescreen display, and of course the slotload DVD:) but that's in the knowledge that i'd fill all available disk space on that system in about a week (if that long... it'd have to be a slow week:D)\

his has the advantages of a better speaker system (though the creative speakers aren't much good... i have the 5.1's too... i'd rather have logitech z-640's or some studio speakers:D) and of course a lot more disk space, the dvd burner, a CRT (so no ghosting... though that shouldn't be a problem with a 16ms response time) and of course the vapochill.

overall, tho, i'd go with his setup because it'd last me longer (more disk space + DVD burner)

both of yours' suck. You guys don't have Klipsch speakers, come on!
hehe

I'd say your's is better because you have a 6800

I choose yours because of the better videocard. Also, buying a 6800 costs from $300 to $500. Buying a 250GB HDD costs around $150. So, yours is better.

thanks 4 ur opinions guys. I knew u guys would choose his cause the vid card. I thought about getting a 6800 Ultra and pelt/water cool it to seriously overclock it, but i'm waiting for a 512mb vid card.

thats too much money for me. I just need to add a new vid card and i'm fine. Get the 3.2E @ ~4.5ghz and the performance will be SICK. No bottleneckin the GPU.

Sorry guys,I forgot to add that I added a 12x dvd burner as well as well as another gig of pc4400

this thread is stupid. you have more $$$ to spend on peripherals and get $400 speakers and $600 monitors. I'll keep my computer down to 1/2 ur price and have same/better performance. U want to prove yours is better and right now it is. Thats to be expected since u've spent twice as much. This is just dumb. I let my speeds speak for themselves and my overclockability.

my system bw is way higher than your and memory bw kills urs. U get me in vid graphics and thats all. Once thats upgraded, your benchmarks will be left in the dust cause u can't overclock as high as I can.

Frank Castle said:
Sorry guys,I forgot to add that I added a 12x dvd burner as well as well as another gig of pc4400

Holy shit dude, are you buying stuff just to out-do him??????

First of all,lets tell the truth.My memory gets 6700,last time O talked to you it was not even close to that.Another thing is that you expect and sound like its a sure thing you will get 4.7 gigs,which my checking there is like 2 people on all the forums that have that.So by my math your a huge underdog.3rd.......I didnt state lets feel bad for the poor guy!All I did was say opinions please on who has the better overall system,who cares where it comes from.That was not asked at all.This is about overall system.Sure if you get 4.5 or 4.7 gigs your system will be faster{you'll be 900 faster is you get 4.7 which I highly doubt},I give you that but not by much.......

Jackie im not buying stuff to out do him.I am getting a refinance check tomorrow and have been writing checks to fry's to get a super computer that I have been waiting for.If I was out doing him I would just by the best of all things on a computer.I dont need more space so thats isnt getting upgraded.I am not getting the ultra because my card is fast enough.My main goal and I talked to tao about is I want to be in the top 5 percent of gaming computers out there.Its an ego and hardware thing,but we all have our jones and this is my only one!

Despite what your "true" intentions may be, you give off this superficial and hollow competitiveness against him. After reading through your responses, I get this weird "sad" feeling for you. I don't know why...

nice, both systems are mighty fast, prolly really close in most synthetic benchmarks. But, the video card on Frank Castle's machine basically puts him infront by quite a bit in gaming performance, so I would say his is sweeter.

Optimummind said:
Despite what your "true" intentions may be, you give off this superficial and hollow competitiveness against him. After reading through your responses, I get this weird "sad" feeling for you. I don't know why...

I agree... you dont need to keep buying stuff.

i'm not fighting. I never wanted this thread to start in the first place. I already knew his was a better gaming machine cause the vid card. He is the one who is buying all the parts you guys recommend. One guy said "HE HAS A DVD-R BUT SHOULD HAVE GIGAWORKS", next day frank supposedly bought a new burner and a gigaworks sound set. Also, i know ur PC4400 isn't beating mine in mem benchies, I have the PC4000 running @ 292fsb which is more bw.. either way I could care less. U can go out and say u buy 2GB of ram, 16 raptor drives, 6 burners and 3 big screen tv's for ur computer. If u wanna spend the money go ahead. It started as a who's was faster and turned into who has the bigger wallet, but the sad thing is that your the only one playing. I'm sure today we'll hear about a new upgrade. Spend 10g's on a computer, the business needs people like you. I'll stick to buyn pieces here and there and still be satisfied with my pc. Please close this thread as its getting really dumb.

Wow,I guess nobody on this thread cares to hear an explaination as I have said and explained many times......There will be no more adding..........Just for my peace of mind

BTW ubern,I am married so having a girlfriend I dont think my wife would appreciate.....lol

neither. i would take his vapo and ur cpu and his hdd's and ur video and ur speakers and ur ram and crt.

u got most of the parts for the super computer but u need that hdd space and vapo... then urs

or u can both send me ur systems for an unbiased performance grudge match.... and i get to keep the loser. :p

nice try buddy. Bled too much for this pc. Took me 2 sets of ram and lots of troubleshooting to figure out the VTT fix and i didn't even figure it out. MadCat on ABIT forums did. Now i'm just gonna build the circuits for everyone else so they have a stable board since ABIT won't and MadCat can't.

Your video card >>> his, while his CPU >>> yours. Also, 2Gb ram is way overkill, most of it is just sitting there looking pretty.

jovetata said:
neither. i would take his vapo and ur cpu and his hdd's and ur video and ur speakers and ur ram and crt.

u got most of the parts for the super computer but u need that hdd space and vapo... then urs

or u can both send me ur systems for an unbiased performance grudge match.... and i get to keep the loser. :p

Il take the winner :D

Back