need your help with ethernet card for faster internet

EagleOne

Gawd
hello, my sig is my system:

im looking to find "with your help HF people" the best and fastest pci express or pci card for a faster internet connection with my crosshair IV extreme board asus.

i have DSL now i dont share with any other computers or do i do wifi at all, this is for 1 computer 1
Rj45X connection.......

i just want to install a card and see a real improvment.......thank you
smile.gif

speedtest.net 5 minutes ago:

5.10 mbps Download

0.62 mbps Upload

DSL RJ45X connection
will i get fixed with the Killer card i read the reviews from newegg?
also it deactivated, i can still find it or is there something better ....comback

forget the 1 Gbps NIC, those are too slow for gaming. you need 4 10Gbps NICs and bond them together.

As mentioned, unless you have some absolutely batty connection speeds (>1GB/s) through your ISP, your NIC won't make a difference. Stay the hell away from "gaming" NICs, they're horseshit.

As mentioned, unless you have some absolutely batty connection speeds (>1GB/s) through your ISP, your NIC won't make a difference. Stay the hell away from "gaming" NICs, they're horseshit.

what do you suggest.......?

what do you suggest.......?

Whatever your motherboard has is completely fine to be honest. If you really want an add-on card, grab one of the Intel branded 1Gbit PCI-e x1 cards. That's probably the best you can get within reason.

The only option i see to fix your problem would be this card:

Q-Logic InfiniBand QLE7342-CK
1320949.jpg

It's a little expensive but if that doesn't fix your problem i really don't know what will....

Side note:
This card will automatically give you 5 additional kill in COD MW3 right at the start.
It's also come with half of the internet stored in it.

The only option i see to fix your problem would be this card:

Q-Logic InfiniBand QLE7342-CK

1320949.jpg

It's a little expensive but if that doesn't fix your problem i really don't know what will....

Side note:
This card will automatically give you 5 additional kill in COD MW3 right at the start.
It's also come with half of the internet stored in it.

now your talking altivec

atto also makes one $2000.....

id like to have the cable box and this......i will suffer with DSL for now thanks for showing me this....the price isnt that bad for what it can do my opinion

hello, my sig is my system:

im looking to find "with your help HF people" the best and fastest pci express or pci card for a faster internet connection with my crosshair IV extreme board asus.

i have DSL now i dont share with any other computers or do i do wifi at all, this is for 1 computer 1
Rj45X connection.......

i just want to install a card and see a real improvment.......thank you
smile.gif
be more specific. What is the exact issue? Can't stream video? files not downloading fast enough? lag in games? If it is lag, is the video stuttering, or are players randomly lagging and spawning about?

How can someone be a member here for 6 years and think that changing their nic will make their internet faster?

As bad as most onboard NICs are the fact is your internet connection is usually far worse. Changing the NIC won't help you. Sorry.

I can't believe no one has come up with an image macro for this,

"Slow Interwebs? Add more motherboards!"

EDIT: As mentioned 100Mb Ethernet card is fast enough for most residential users. Call your ISP and see if they have a faster package.

Back