• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need your help on deciding 27" display.

proton007

n00b
Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Messages
3
Hi All,

I'm looking for a 27" display. Currently using Samsung P2250.

I'm not a graphics designer, but will be using the monitor for coding/gaming/movies/browsing/office work.

I'm in Singapore right now, and the following options are available (prices in SGD):

-- Dell U2711 - $849
-- Dell U2713HM - $799
-- Samsung S27A850D - $868

Asus is not available.

So which one should I go for?
 
Last edited:
are you sure you want to consider 1080p screen? I'd go for a 1440p always... 1920x1080 is just not enough pixel density for a 27 inch screen.

Did you consider the newish brands that offer 27 inch IPS 2560x1440 monitors that can be OC'd to 120 hertz? The overlord tempest OC or the yamakasi catleap 2B?

If you are a serious gamer, i'd consider these brands. Those monitors are years ahead of their time, and use A or A- apple cinema display panels with customised PCB to make their own "brand" of monitors. I haven't seen a single person that is unhappy with buying one, even though some aren't pixel perfect..

I got an overlord tempest OC for not even 500 dollar, and am playing games at 2560x1440@120 hertz and 120 FPS.. In shooters like battlefield 3, thats HUGE advantage.

These monitors have all the advantages of IPS panels, AND can be overclocked to 120hz. Thats best of both worlds.... This monitor will not need to be upgraded for 5+ years :)

Check www.overlordcomputer.com for overlord tempest OC or www.20hz.net for yamakasi catleap 2B.
 
Last edited:
All of the displays I listed above are 2560x1440.

I've considered the Korean A- panels, but not sure if its worth the risk. Even if I spend $500US, its still close to 650SGD, that leaves only a $150 margin with the Dell, which has a 3 yr warranty.

Another issue with the Korean displays is that they're all glossy :(
I've always used matte finish displays before, its easier on my eyes.
 
If you're gonna choose the Dell, get the newer u2713hm. You won't benefit from the expanded colorspace of the 2711, and the newer model has a lighter anti glare coating (2711 is too harsh) and is one of the few LED monitors that is PWM free.
 
If you're gonna choose the Dell, get the newer u2713hm. You won't benefit from the expanded colorspace of the 2711, and the newer model has a lighter anti glare coating (2711 is too harsh) and is one of the few LED monitors that is PWM free.

Ok, thats helpful. I guess Dell is the only choice I have, because the Samsung monitor is too expensive, and not widely available. So U2713HM then.
Thanks.
 
Back
Top