Need your help - Nehalem CPU IDs for bios support

musky

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2012
Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
3,154
I am trying to decipher CPU microcodes to help me determine which codes are needed to allow a particular bios to support a particular CPU. I am only interested in Nehalem (socket 1366) CPUs for now. What I need from you is some information from your running Nehalem-based system. I am most interested in the newer and ES versions of processors, but will take any I can get. Both Xeon and non-Xeon versions are needed.

Unless someone has a better suggestion, HWiNFO32 works well for CPU information. Download the latest beta version (3.59-930), unzip it, then run HWiNFO.exe. Once it runs, you will get a summary report, which you can close. From the main screen, go to the Report dropdown and select Create. Pick the Text Logfile export format and click Next, then Finish. This will save a .LOG file to the directory containing the executable file you ran. Email the log file to me at sdave70@yahoo.com. Please include in your email any information you have about your processor, motherboard, and current bios that supports the chip. If you know a bios version that does not support your chip, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks for your help
 
If you use Core Temp, the CPU ID I want is in the main screen. It should be something like 0x206C2. If you would rather post here instead of emailing me, that is fine as well. I really just need processor type, stepping, and CPU ID. Motherboard and bios info is not necessary, but is appreciated.
 
Intel Core i7 980X
Family 6 Model C Stepping 2 Revision B1
CPUID 0x206C2
DFI Lanparty JR X58-T3H6 (beta BIOS 06/15/2010)

Intel Core i7 920
Family 6 Model A Stepping 5 Revision D0
CPUID 0x106A5
DFI Lanparty DK X58-T3eH6 (BIOS 4/22/2010)

Intel Xeon X5650
Family 6 Model C Stepping 2 Revision B1
CPUID 0x206C2
EVGA SR-2 (factory BIOS 4/14/2010)
 
Intel Core i7 980X
Family 6 Model C Stepping 2 Revision B1
CPUID 0x206C2

Asus Rampage III Extreme (BIOS 0802 06/22/2010)
 
Back
Top