Need your help here guys.

Pulsar

Gawd
Im trying to isolate a problem with my PC. I have an Asus K8N4-E, A64 3400+, 2gb RAM, X1800XT as far as important specs goes. I've been able to run memtest without any errors, prime without any errors, as well as run the ATI tool artifact tester w/o any issues. BUT, as soon as I run 3dMark05, particularly the nature test and the 2 CPU tests, my computer will freeze. I can run any of the feature tests just fine. It will also freeze at random intervals in Battlefield 2. I just swapped my antec neo 480w for an Enermax Liberty 500w since I thought that would be the problem. It still does it. Since the individual components, CPU, RAM and Video card seems to pass their individual tests just fine, it leaves only the motherboard as the culprit. I'd like to hear your guys' opinions on this issue before I RMA this board and/or spend more $ on a new S939 board + cpu.

if all test on the other components are fine id rma the board asap. just my .02 :p

Download speed fan and check your CPU temps then come back. this might be a heat problem.

It does sound like a heat problem doesn't it? However my CPU reaches only ~52C at its peak when running prime, so that cant be it :(

Sounds like the board is crapping out on you. there's also the possibility that your HDD is crapping. Run some stress tests on it and see if it's giving errors. I prefer to use boot-time test for things like that, not OS based progs.

Im pretty sure its not the drive. I'll RMA the board for now as it seems to be the most likely culprit.

Seems like the most likely cause. Guess we'll know after they replace it. Always sucks to have to wait for more parts. :( sorry to hear it.

Back