Need Xpert [H] Advice? READ

ghost6303

2[H]4U
Are you stuck on stock? BSOD? not POSTing? Is there a burning smell and thick black smoke coming from your case? Well before we can tell you that your case is, infact, on fire, we need some information on your system in order to more accurately diagnose and help you extinguish the problem. When asking for help, be sure to include:

Motherboard: Manufacturer, Model, and BIOS version.

CPU: Manufacturer and Model, include any cooling (Stock Heatsink? Water Cooling?). Also include any relevant Voltage settings (vCore), Front Side Bus speed, multiplier/divider settings. You may also include CPU Temperature (be sure to specify F or C, normaly people use Celcius).

RAM: Manufacturer and Model, Default voltage, speed (PC2100, DDR800 etc) and timings if you know them (looks like 3-4-4-5:12 or 5-5-5-15 sometimes 2-3-3 10t). And what speed/voltage are you trying to run it at?

Power Supply: Manufacturer, Model and/or rated capacity in watts.

And anything else you can think of that relates to your problem (if your screen is all different colors, include video card information). If you dont have some of this information, just include as much as you can. The more specific you can be the better. If you can boot into windows you can use a program called CPUz to find most of this info link. Otherwise most of this can be found in BIOS, and if you cant find it there, it will be on a sticker on the component itself- yes you have to look inside your case. :eek:

To make this easier most people put a list of their hardware in their signature here on the forum so you dont have to keep listing it everytime you post, you can do the same by clicking User CP near the top of any page.

If anyone has anything else that i should add to this list let me know.

A decent thread title.

'Help!' gets far less intelligent, focussed responses than 'My videocard RAM sinks just came off -- RAM attached!'

I think this post should be taken down from the forum... and added, with it's own check-box, on the signup page.

Back