Need working VNC for vista x64

For the past couple of years I have been using ultra vnc so I can connect from work to my home machine server. But since I have vista on my client computer VNC won't work properly or load at all. Is there any free ware vnc like ultra vnc that works with vista 64 bit?

With some dinking around, you should be able to tunnel VNC over SSH. I do this to connect to my machine at work (admittedly a linux box, but Cygwin+OpenSSH would work). Yes, this solution is a bother to setup, but it would get you encryption.

I reccommend using the built in remote desktop functionality, it's _alot_ better than any VNC distro. Terminal Services Client is installed on XP and later, start> run> mstsc.

There's also a built in web client which you can enable, in gpedit.msc (probably).

∞Velocitymaster∞;1031888093 said:
It works with vista like you said but 1 important thing is it don't support any type of encryption unlike ultra vnc:mad:

Meh, I wouldn't bother with VNC these days. RDP is more than adequate as long as its tunnel through some secure layer(SSH/SSL).

http://2600hacker.stores.yahoo.net/winter20032004.html

I wrote an article way back when giving detailed instructions on how to do it with VNC, same theory is applied to RDP. Mind the grammer ;)

If you don't wanna buy that back issue, there are tons of resources on the internet on how to do it.

yes you could setup ssh tunnel and run rdp through that it would be secure, I do to that acces my xp machine from work. Heck you can tunnel virtually any kind of traffic although some are pita (ftp).

Back