Need wireless router suggestions

fenx591

n00b
Hello everyone

I don't know much about wireless routers, and in need of help. What would you guys suggest is a good Wireless router for a small business of less than 20 people. I need something reliable but not too expensive, looking at all ranges but maximum would be $150 , but on the lower priced would be preferred.

thank you.

Well, I've been pleased with my Linksys E4200. Had it for about 3 weeks now and so far, it gets a gold star. Seems to be stable (haven't had to reboot it yet), is nice and fast (I have a 50mbit connection so I notice slow routers) and has all kinds of features like 2.4 and 5ghz at the same time.

Not cheap, but seems to work well.

Also a feature you might be interested in is it has a guest account option. You can have a second SSID on your 2.4 ghz band with a different password and isolated and all that. So you can give visitors wireless access, but not let them in like employees.

..a good Wireless router for a small business of less than 20 people. I need something reliable but not too expensive, looking at all ranges but maximum would be $150 , but on the lower priced would be preferred.

OT: if a business with around 20 employees is concerned with spending around $150 on a piece of vital infrastructure, I'd say it's got serious problems:eek:

in other words, if you are an employee, I wouldn't let your work get too far ahead of your paycheck.

Back