• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

need water block for 955

LoBoxJa

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
153
so currently am using the TRUE 120 in a pull and push configuration and i noticed that when i o/c to 3.8ghz it can just barely handle it so am thinking of water,

the case am using is the Coolermaster Cosmos S and i need help in choosing the waterblock am stuck between the swift tech gtz, xt and koolance 350
 
The Koolance CPU 350 is a very good block, but you should also look at the 360 also. It benches out a bit better and is also less restrictive.
I'm planning on swapping out my 350 for one next month.
 
EK Supreme HF, Apogee XT, and Heatkiller 3.0 are the three best blocks right now, and I believe in that order. EK Supreme HF has the best temps and flow of all three.
 
The EK also puts a really big dent in your wallet.

How about the D-tek Fuzion V2? From the reviews I hear it's really good, comparable to many high-end waterblocks.
 
I'm currently using an xspc delta v3 and I like it a lot. It's quite cheap compared to the other high end waterblocks and performs very well. I've got my 965 C2 running at 4ghz@1.55v hitting 44C @ full load.
 
i decided to go with swift tech because my friend told me they are known for reliability, also wat size should i use 1/2 or 3/8?
 
It's debatable, some people claim 1/2" gives much better temperatures, others say that there's really no difference.

@rang, what do you have as your radiator? cause my 965 is at 42 C on idle with 1.4v and 3.8Ghz with a D-tek Fuzion V2.
 
I've got a black ice extreme 2 (2x120mm). I'm just web browsing atm and im floating between 32-33C @ 1.55v. On a side note I use 7/16ID tubing w/ 1/2" OD fittings.
 
Yeah, I think it's overdoing it. An MCP655 or MCP350/355 should be more than enough, while being almost half the price of the pump you're looking at. I believe the MCP655 can put out the same pressure as the one you're looking at.

I'm running an MCP655 through a D-tek Fuzion V2 block and 2 D-tek Fuzion GFX 2 blocks with a crappy 2x120mm radiator and a Swiftech 120mm radiator, using mostly 3/8" tubing, and I turn the tachometer setting down on the MCP655 to obtain the best results.
 
Back
Top