Need volume stepper that gives you more than 15 levels. Non-root android.

IDK why they only give you 15 levels of volume, especially when using headphones. One step too low and the next one's too loud, have they never heard of the Goldilocks and the Three Bears.....
Anyone use an app to give you more of a range using the hardware volume keys?
-Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime, stock ROM, not rooted (tricky to root), not able to use custom ROM (locked).
Thx, d.

Last edited:
First link when I checked google.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/increase-number-volume-steps-your-galaxy-s9-0183609/

You can accomplish the same thing by changing the ROM. I believe Resurrection remix and AOKP have it covered.

Sadly, the ROM is locked and can't be changed.
Best that can be done is root, but it's tricky and haven't found the time to.
Tried a couple of apps 2 years ago, but were hit and miss, not working fully half the time.
Let me check that link.
Edit, posted in your quote field.

Last edited:
Hmm thanks, looks like they release this after XDA was trying to root this phone. Looks like to modify the steps, I have to have version 8.5 of Samsung Experience available on Android 7.1.1.
I have 7.0 Android and version 8.0 of Samsung Experience and can only use more steps via the pop-up widget but hard key still 10 step.
I still on original firmware that a root exploit works on. Wonder if the later FW updates bump me up to 7.1.1, if so, I'll skip rooting for now.
Now to see if I can find out if the later FW updates gives me 7.1.1......

Last edited:
I got you an easier fix. It's so darn simple I didn't know about it until late last year when the mrs told me... felt like an idiot after.
I have the same issue on my V10.

Turn on auto rotate...
hold phone in landscape mode.. swipe down the top menu with volume control... now you have fine granulation control.

I got you an easier fix. It's so darn simple I didn't know about it until late last year when the mrs told me... felt like an idiot after.
I have the same issue on my V10.

Turn on auto rotate...
hold phone in landscape mode.. swipe down the top menu with volume control... now you have fine granulation control.
Thanks, works, but I should have stated I looking for it to use the volume keys.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Thanks, works, but I should have stated I looking for it to use the volume keys.
Good luck with that. There are a few apps that supposedly work but almost none did for me.

Still trying to find an audio routing software that works, had one then deleted it stupidly during troubleshooting and never found it again. Makes internal Mic work while using headphones.

Back