need video codecs

is the nimo codec pack on kazaa good? or is there a better place to get a lot of video codecs... i have some videos that i can't play..

then there are some other ones.. they want to aquire a license, but can't find the license...

so what do i do about that?

thanks.. i installed those, and got some to work, but i still have this problem where are are trying to aquire a license... what is that shit? is there a way to get rid of that? it can't find the site to aquire the license from...

actually, i think those codecs might have fucked my comptuer up..

now it crashed media player and windows explorer... i don't know what happened....

and there woulnd't be much to see with the license... it just says "aquiring license" in the bottom left above all the control buttons..
and a window pops up wutg "license aquisition" in the titlebar.. and the inside goes to the "this page can not be found" shit

was it bad of me to install all 3 of those things... or are they different revisions of the same thing?? explorer crashes like crazy now... and it comes back minus my desktop icons.. umm.. when i open firefox it says "www.google.com can not be found"
but then i can type in google and it shows up... and it is working fine now...

and opening any kind of video in windows media or winamp crashes explorer and the program i am trying to play the video in...

actually i had to just paste this post from firefox to IE.. because firefox is hanging sayying ""resolving host hardforum.com..."

edit.. i just uninstalled the codecs.. and explorer and wmp quit crashing... but firefox is still fuxed up....

edit again... i close firefox, opened it.. and now it is working fine.. . yes it is 0.9

I think they are different versions of codecs...Some are newer than others...Installing all of them would be bad...

I don't know how much help this will be, but I recommend getting GSpot. Use it to find what codecs you need, then go find those codecs and install them.

After a few bad experiences with "codec packs", I've done this and it's worked out great.

Your not suppose to install all three, the top one is the one to install, the second one is optimized for SSE and the third on is optimized for SSE2. Uninstall the three codecs and then install ffdshow and tell me what happens.
Oh, do a run of whatever AD remover apps you have too.

Back