• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need Video card Help

GT98

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 29, 2001
Messages
1,278
I ordered a X800 Pro from Zipzoomfly for my new PC back a couple weeks ago, and when I got everything...they sent me an AGP verison instead of a PCI Express card. I sent back the card to them and to make a long story short I'm getting my $429 back that I spent on the card since they couldnt get me a PCIe card. I stole the X800XT PCI express card out of my Dell work pc (running a G450 PCI in it now LOL :p) and thats what i'm using currently at home. Since I have the $429 coming back from zipzoomfly, not sure what I should order. Should I try to get another X800 Pro (and use it in work :p) or get an X850 based card for my Home PC and return the X800 XT to my work PC?
 
I personally don't think the extra money is worth the X850's performance, but I could be wrong. I guess it also depends on the rest of your systems specs. Perhaps save for an 23" Apple Cinema Display? :)
 
LOL.. since you jacked the viceocard..why don't you keep it haha..they won't know :)
but teh x850xt cost a grip right now...just find a x800xtpe pci e..shoyuld be cheaper..
 
Buy a card with your own money instead of stealing it?
 
Dr. X said:
Buy a card with your own money instead of stealing it?


well I had full intentions of using the x800 pro in my main system, but after getting the wrong card and me wanting to get the computer up and running I decided to keep the X800XT in it for the time being. Either way I'm going to get another X800 or X850 and the lesser of the two cards will wind up in the work machine ;)
 
Back
Top