Need UPS for Active PFC PSU

Dr.Nut

Limp Gawd
Two days ago I upgraded a server and found out that it does not deal with the APC Backups 1000 XS UPS at all. I hoped that it would work because the old server had a PSU with active PFC and it worked fine.

New PSU: SuperMicro PWS-704P-1R 700 watt 80+ gold active pfc
Old PSU: PC P&C SIlencer 750 Quad active pfc

The new server only has 6 2.5" hds, a SAS controller, and a Supermicro X10SDV motherboard. It uses less then half the power at idle than the old server and yet the UPS can't cope with the PSU. I don't know if it doesn't switch fast enough or that it draws too much power when the UPS switches to battery.

I'm leaning towards getting an online UPS like this one. And since it doesn't do any switching, it should be enough to keep the PSU happy when the power blinks or sags. Right? There is also a Generac LP generator that kicks on after 60 seconds of power loss.

OPTI-UPS Durable Series DS1000B 1000VA 700W True Online, Double-Conversion, High Frequency Pure Sinewave UPS with AVR & Zero Transfer Time-Newegg.com

Anyone have any experience and advice?

What does " I upgraded a server and found out that it does not deal with the APC Backups 1000 XS UPS at all" mean?

Back