Need upgrade advise

Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
44
OK so my folks want my mb and cpu to step up to windows 7 so here is the problem. I cant possibly afford a i7 upgrade specially seance I would have to upgrade my ddr2 ram so anyone have A place I can get a great deal on a gaming motherboard and A intel quad core processor?
 
Forget an Intel Core 2 Quad cpu upgrade. Unless you can get a hold of it for a very good price. You can get a Phenom II X3 cpu + ASUS 785G mobo for $164 and still use your DDR2 RAM. You must have an Intel Core 2 E6420 cpu? Can't you O/C that cpu to blistering speeds? Hehe
 
Don't know if I want to cross over to amd been a Intel guy for a long time but seance I relay have no choice. I guess I cant go wrong the evga 9800gtx+ will still work with a amd processors without any problems I assume them ok I will research the hell out of this tonight that's for the help Hardware Guru.:):):)

ow and ya I think I can overclock the hell out of the cpu but I am a college student so I do not have a freaking dime to replace anything if I go overboard :( plus no experience overclocking ..yet
 
looks like this is going to be more than A one night thing I need to find a full size atx board for a rocket fish full tower aka:the beast
 
holy batman spelling

that aside

mATX will fit in an ATX tower, plain and simple, so will ATX, and probably a few other things inbtwn (depending on the case)

why would you even question the graphics card working, of course it will, just grab the AMD setup or a cheapie Intel DC and you're good to go, the Phenom X3 isn't a bad option, especially at that price
 
he's in college... he's still learning how to spell... leave'em'lone. :p

Don't your parents need RAM, too?
What is their current cpu/mobo?
Win7 isn't a hog like Vista... 7 even runs good on netbooks!

Phenom2/Athlon2 perform on par with Core2. The E6420 OC's to 3Ghz without breaking a sweat. The E6400 OC's to 3.2Ghz without breaking a sweat. Which chip do you have? OC'ing Core2's is cake.

EDIT: No wonder you can't OC that Core2... you've got a dual-vsta775. :( Go with the X3 HG suggested.
 
Back
Top