Need two headphones, same type but very distinct use

Clockworks

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey everyone, I'm looking for two headphones that will have very distinct uses.

One is for me to take to work, I plan to use it just to listen to online radio, some youtube playlists, and pandora (the free kind). Sound quality isn't so much priority.

The other is for home, to play games, music, and watch online videos when the gf is studying. Sound quality is priority within financial reason (<$100)

However, something they both need to share is comfort. I wear glasses and have somewhat sensitive ears so I would prefer something that cups the entire ear on both accounts (circumaural).

Would this Coby be any good for the work requirements?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826160008

Home?:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD...3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331569193&sr=1-3

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you considered an in-ear for work? Smaller, easier for travel, and good ones can be had for very cheap.

I can empathize with needing comfort with glasses. That being said, my very inexpensive solution was:

Incipio f38 Headphones

with

Shure DJ750 Replacement Pads

The stock pads rested too much on ear for me and the isolation was meh. The Shure pads completely surround my ear and the isolation is better (Not great, but better). The headphones sound very good imo especially considering the price. Not the most efficient headphones, so they don't get to ear blasting levels like my HD 25-1 II's on whatever you plug them into. They respond very well to amplification though. I'm not saying you need an amp, just that don't expect it to shatter your eardrums without one.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You mentioned gaming.. i use astro a40's. I also use them to watch movies, listen to music and just about anything else and they sound great. Well worth the price

Shure 440's. Easy to drive , closed headphones and comfortable for long time usage.

I was thinking of that one as well, does it cover the entire ear or do the foam covers touch the lobes?

Each person's ear is different... So while the ad700 cups are fairly large, the only person who can determine if it's a good fit on ur noggin is you. Case and point, I got a friend to try on my ath-ad900's because he was interested in buying a pair because of all the rave reviews about it. He puts them on and immediately hates them... Says they're too soft.:eek:

Is there a music shop nearby where you can try out the headphones suggested here?

Each person's ear is different... So while the ad700 cups are fairly large, the only person who can determine if it's a good fit on ur noggin is you. Case and point, I got a friend to try on my ath-ad900's because he was interested in buying a pair because of all the rave reviews about it. He puts them on and immediately hates them... Says they're too soft.:eek:

Is there a music shop nearby where you can try out the headphones suggested here?

I'm going to try and find one, closest is a best buy, I believe.

Back